Die idee van “mini-habits” of selfs “atomic habits” is deesdae oral om ons. Doodeenvoudig: Stel vir jouself sulke klein doelwitte dat jy feitlik nie kan misluk nie. Sodoende verseker jy eintlik jou sukses en word dit soveel makliker om vol te hou met wat jy ook al wil verbeter in jou lewe. Hier is die idee van net met 1% verbeter in ‘n week:
(Moenie skrik vir die grafiek nie – jy kan hom maar ignoreer ook! 🙂 )
A 1% improvement sounds like nothing, right? Anyone could become 1% better in a week if they tried.
However, when you unleash the superpower of consistency on this simple idea, it takes on a whole new form. The numbers tell the story:
- Improve by 1% every week for a year and you’ll be 66% better. Not bad.
- 2 years? 179%.
- 5 years? Thanks to the power of compounding, 5 years of 1% weekly improvements will make you a whopping 13 times better!
- After 15 years (only a third of a standard career), it gets pretty ridiculous: 2325 times better! Now we are getting to the realm of billionaires, presidents and great inventors.
These numbers told me to end each Supermorning week with a 1% improvement post. So, here are my top 3 improvements over the past week:
- Started this blog and kept to my daily post commitment
- Totally clean eating habits and 10 hours of light-to-moderate exercise
- Published an article in the largest publication on Medium
In fact, this week was much more than 1% improvement 🙂 You can see the sharp upwards spike in my daily consistency data below (the little red bit). I really hope I can maintain this performance!
Did you grow your 1% this week? Any plans for how you can grow 1% next week? Feel free to share – a little commitment here could make a big difference!